8/29/12

St. Julian Samba Showdown 33 by J Thyme '12 - 320 kbps - 180 mb



Hey Samba/MPB fans.  Back with yet another volume of the Saint Julian Samba Showdown series.  I open with two excellent compositions by the team of Antonio Carlos & Jocafi.  Mercado Modêlo & Minhas Razoes really show off their songwriting skills to very good effect.  God bless Antonio Carlos & Jocafi!!!
A quick thank you to Supernut Mara Records for the use of track 4 - "Recado" by Cravo E Canela.
Wow, here's the tally of all 33 volumes...drumroll please...800 songs!  Did we just listen to 800 tracks?  I guess we did.  Hope you enjoy & if I can find another 24 tracks that sound good to my ear, I'll be back.

St. Julian Samba Showdown 33 by J Thyme '12 - 320 kbps - 180 mb

01. Mercado Modêlo - Vanusa (1973)
02. Minhas Razoes - Antonio Carlos & Jocafi (1972)
03. Atras do Trio Eletrico - Claudette Soares (1969)
04. Recado - Cravo E Canela (1987)
05. O Palácio De Lemanjá - Germano Mathias (1967)
06. Aruê-Lá - Eliana Pittman (1971)
07. Homem De Verdade - Djalma Dias (1973)
08. Saque Saque - Betinho (1974)
09. Chiclete de Hortelã - Mussum (1978)
10. Ate Eu - Maria Creusa (1973)
11. Jandira - Tom & Dito (1971)
12. Boteco do Arlindo - João Nogueira (1986)
13. Casa Da Zezé - Elizeth Cardoso (1975)
14. Navegante Apolinário - Pedrinho Rodrigues (1972)
15. Nao Muda, Nao - Joyce (1968)
16. Eu Agradeço - Os Originais do Samba (1977)
17. Balançou No Congá - Nonato e seu Conjunto (1981)
18. Um Abraco No Bengil - Orlandivo (1976)
19. Eu Quero, Eu Quero, Eu Quero - Dóris Monteiro (1971)
20. A Feira - Jackson do Pandeiro (1970)
21. Tudo Azul N'America Do Sul - Abilio Manoel (1971)
22. Segura Nêga - Bebeto (1975)
23. Recungue - Ana Maria E Mauricio (1972)
24. Atravessou - Paulinho da Viola (1978)

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for this amazing blog, I really appreciate your thoughtful reviews. Also, any chance you could re-up or link the album Leci Brandão - Questão de Gosto?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Even you did not post things for quiet a time I wanted to let you know that because of you I discovered so much fantastic music! Thank you so much & I hope everything in life is well beside the blog.

    Kind regards from Switzerland, Raphaël

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still awesome after all these years. Thanks for this great mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jörn. Thanks for staying with me for this journey into the fantastic, color-filled world of MPB. 800 tracks! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving so much your compilation!!! Thanks again for all this great brazilian music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered yours and flabbergasted vibes blogs today and it changed my life. thank you for taking the time to create this mixes i'm lovin every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all of the work you've put into this blog and keeping this music alive. It's very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. J Thyme, I truly appreciate all the effort you have put into this blog. I really love this music. Unfortunately I have been not able to access the majority of the DL links because they have either been expired or denied. Is there anyway I could get ahold of this wonderful music? So far i have the first 7 samba showdowns, 33 and a few in between. Thank you so much for the work you put in!

      Delete
  9. J Thyme, I apologize posting as anonymous but I think I speak for everyone in that we are very grateful of the time you put into to this blog. I really appreciate the music you have introduced me to. However, in trying to access the majority of the links, I've noticed that most (nearly all) the links are either unavailable, expired, or denied. Is there anything you can do about this. I'm afraid I'll never get to hear the rest of these wonderful mixes you put together. Please help and thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey !

    I've followed your blog for quite a while, and seriously, keep it up. There are only a
    few places on the internet where I can find some really rare music, and yours is a reference.

    I dunno if you've heard of this website, playlistunes, but for the listening of cool stuff it's pretty fu**ing cool, I think you should have a look.



    Here is the website: Rare Music

    Jazzy Beats

    Relaxing Playlist

    Rare Hip Hop

    Relaxing Hip Hop

    Hip Hop meets Dubstep

    Energetic Music

    Grooves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, your work is simply amazing! I'm brazilian guy that learns about brazilian music with you!!! GREAT! I can just say THANK U SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete