2/22/08

St. Julian Samba Showdown 25 by J Thyme (2010) 320 kbps - 198 mb


It's spring, so let's enjoy some spring-like sounds. To those who've heard every volume of this series, you have some appetite! All 25 volumes equals 602 songs. That's a very handsome look at Música Popular Brasileira. To MPB & it's awesome musical legacy & recording excellence. Bravo!
Please excuse the slowness of the Célia track. I just really like the quality of her voice, plus it's a nice Joyce composition. Also, I choose the Djavan track to open with because of the amazing keyboard work of Edson Frederico. He sparkles like Champagne. Enjoy!


St. Julian Samba Showdown 25 by J Thyme (2010)

01. Flor De Lis - Djavan (1976)
02. To Be - Célia (1971)
03. Chega Mais - Wando (1975)
04. Esperancas Perdidas - Ely Arcoverde (1972)
05. Minha Crença - Marlene Vidal (1978)
06. Por Nossa Senhora - Antônio Carlos & Jocafi (1973)
07. Terra Hospitaleira - Riachão (1975)
08. Tempestade de Amor - Totonho (1978)
09. Batendo A Porta - João Nogueira (1974)
10. Pensamento - Cyro Aguiar (1975)
11. Amor A Três - Celeste (1978)
12. Sempre Mangueira - Clara Nunes (1972)
13. Fevereiro Eu Volto - Ederaldo Gentil (1975)
14. Danca Mineira - Emilo Santiago (1977)
15. Meu Ego - Nara Leão (com Erasmo Carlos) (1977)
16. Arrependimento - Os Originais do Samba (1977)
17. Bate Zabumba - Nonato E Seu Conjunto (1978)
18. Ironia - Paulinho da Viola (1972)
19. De Trás Pra Frente - Gordurinha (1962)
20. Dia De Feira - Dóris Monteiro (1976)
21. Coluna Do Meio - Zeca Do Trombone & Roberto Sax (1976)
22. Quero Um Xamego - Dominguinhos (1976)
23. Lá Vem Ela Chorando (Dinheiro Não Há) (1977)
24. Meu Carnaval - Elton Medeiros (1973)
25. Nem Meu Amor - Jorginho Pessanha (1971)





P.S. For fans of this series. I've made some revisions on volumes 21 & 22 of the Samba Showdowns. They're much improved.
If anyone is having any problems with a link please let me know & I'll fix it.

20 comments:

  1. I wish I had been on board to listen to all 25, but I'll enjoy this one today for my start of May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog and great posts. Keep the good job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, cant wait to give this a good listen.. love that video too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another solid entry in this immortal collection. Thanks from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I listen "Metti Una Sera A Cena" and I love it... Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on reaching volume 25. A lovely job; you should be feeling very proud of yourself by now. Time to kick back my friend, light a big fat cigar and savour a glass of cachaça if that's your thing.

    The Nara Leão clip is wonderful as well btw. One of my favourites in a totally effortless performance. The definition of groovy. Cheers for that mate.

    Vee from London

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank you very much. Are the previous 24 still available?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear J,
    I've listened to the first compilation of the Samba Showdowns I found languishing on my hard drive, and just felt like thanking you for being able to bask in the golden sounds of samba as the Brazil V North Korea World Cup game is about to begin :)
    I'm really digging the Camisa 10 track! Are the other Samba Showdowns available as the links seem dead?
    Hanoi Sessions
    (http://hanoisessions.podomatic.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all these great comps! Samba Showdown 20 seems to be stuck in some kind of endless loop on Divshare though. Can anyone else download it or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eric, I reupped Vol.20 on Mediafire. Try it. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am fairly new to the Samba scene, but I absolutely love this Mix No. 25. Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful music with us !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well HMPZ, It's safe to say that you'll mostly likely enjoy another volume then. They're all put together with an equal amount of love for MPB. Be adventurous. Try volume 1.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. JT, what can I say? Thank you Thank you Thank you !!!The Nara Leão e Erasmo Carlos was the cherry on top! Peace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Anonymous, Thanks for stopping by whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog friend, glad you like mine:) I'll be sure to download a few Gb's when I get back from vacation. keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by & saying hello neighbor. Hope you find something to like over here.

    ReplyDelete