I was quite surprised to not find this LP up on Loronix. I do not have the verso on this album cover, but I can report that it is a very nice slice of late 60's MPB. Her voice is beautiful & the song selections & production are just so enjoyable. This is a nice look at this Samba queen in a more jazz-pop setting before she would emerge into a more Samba oriented singer in the 70's. I really enjoy this session & find her to be in the same territory as Nara Leao or early Joyce in many ways. A sweet debut with many really amazing tracks. Very nice!
Beth Carvalho - Andança [1969 Odeon]
01. Um amor em cada coração (Baden Powell - Vinicius de Moraes)
02. Maria Aninha (Fred Falcão - Paulinho Tapajós)
03. Fechei a porta (Ferreira da Silva - Sebastião Mota)
04. O porto (Renato Rocha)
05. Carnaval (Carlos Elias - Nelson Lins e Barros)
06. Andança (Edmundo Souto - Danilo Caymmi - Paulinho Tapajós)
07. Rumo sul (Edmundo Souto - Paulinho Tapajós)
08. Sentinela (Milton Nascimento - Fernando Brant)
09. Nunca (Lupicínio Rodrigues)
10. Samba do perdão (Baden Powell - Paulo César Pinheiro)
11. Maria da favela (Paulo Sergio Valle - Marcos Valle)
12. Estrela do mar (Marino Pinto - Paulo Soledade)
File Under: MPB
P.S. Perhaps Loronix will grace us with a higher quality rip? We'll see?