1/20/08

Luiz Bonfá - Plays And Sings Bossa Nova [1962 Verve] 320 kbps - 133 mb (Reup)



If I were going to suggest one LP by this guitar master it would have to be this masterpiece of Bossa Nova Jazz. Why? Just for his flawless reading of his very own composition "Manhã de Carnaval" would be reason alone to hear this recording. Since this session dates from 1962, then this is truly one the breakout sets for the Verve U.S. label. Not one bad track here & one that your sure to come back to again & again. A very great outing for Bonfá & the Verve imprint. Super warm & great playing by all involved. Get this!

File Under: Bossa Nova / Brasilian Jazz

3 comments:

  1. not downloaded this one yet... but as a brazil-o-phile I will do shortly...

    Just wanted to share a newsflash: I've enjoyed downloading a lot from your fabulous blog. So much so it's inspired me to start my own... open minded listeners, please come visit me at sounds from the funky goat... not all funk and jazz by any means, but just good sounds that you might not be able to buy through the normal channels... cheers, the funkin' goat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a classic. Thank you for this gem. Greetz from Germany, Jörn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great music blog here! I've added you to my mp3blog list and custom search, check it out.

    Rickdog's collected over 5,000 mp3blog links, accessible from the alpha menu at page top. You can open frames on these blogs to view them directly on my site, and you can also view the feeds in a frame.

    The newest mp3blogs
    http://chewbone.blogspot.com/2008/01/alphanew.html

    You can search your blog and all the others in my custom google search:

    Chewbone MP3blog search
    http://chewbone.blogspot.com/2008/03/mp3-blog-search-results.html

    I add new blogs to the alpha lists once a week, but your site is immediately added to the custom google search engine.

    ReplyDelete