Excellent example of mid 70's Brasilian Folk-Jazz of the Singer-Songwriter variety. This one has a beautiful Electric Jazz finish framing his inspired Folk style. The sound could be described as "Fusion". The playing here is very fleshed out by all players involved & perfectly laid to tape by the engineers over at EMI Odeon studios. Luiz Gonzaga Jr. really shines on this set & mid 70's in Brasil is such a "No Brainer" as far as quality is concerned. This one tops out at 40 minutes, but it manages to stay focused for the whole of the length. Very solid & a completely engaging listen. I love this recording. Flawless & very inspired songwriting here. When it comes to "It". This one has it! Enjoy!
Luiz Gonzaga Jr. - Plano De Vôo [1975 EMI]
01. O começo da festa (The begining of the party)
02. Tá certo, doutor (All right, doc)
03. Gás neon (Neon gas)
04. Quebra-pau (Ballroom fight)
05. Assim seja, amém (Let it be, amen)
06. Suor e serragem (Sweat and mown wood)
07. Mundo novo, vida nova (New world, new life)
08. Contos de fadas (Fairy tales)
09. Catatonia integral (Full catathony)
10. Niel cabeça de bola (Niel football head)
11. Plano de vôo (Flight plan)
12. Geraldinos e arquibaldos
File Under: MPB / Singer-Songwriter/ Brasilian Folk-Jazz
P.S. This one goes out to my buddy over @ Soundological Investimagations. Cheeba, try this. It should appeal to your Jazzy leanings.