3/20/13

Emilo Santiago - Comigo É Assim [1977 Philips] 320 kbps - 94 mb (Reup)


I repost this wonderful album to say a fond farewell to the amazing talent of Emilio Santaiago.  R.I.P. Emilio.  You will be remembered!

Hands down, my favorite male vocalist in Brasil. What a voice. What a talent. What a gift to the world. This session from 1977 is simply one of his finest LP's. Great compositions & outstanding production by the Philips studios.
A lovely album from start to finish. Beautifully paced with excellent song choices & arranging. One of my favorites by this most gifted singer. A silky, sexy voice & Godlike phrasing. A gifted instrument indeed! Enjoy!



File Under: MPB

P.S. Japanese re-issue from 1998 with flawless remastering as always.

10 comments:

  1. Can I really be the first to place a comment here? A great singer whom I discovered on a (yes another) compilation. This time it was 'Bananeira' on London Jazz Classics 3.

    Cheers

    S/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Gone, I'm reuping this. Sorry for the unzip problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No apology needed, you're doing ME the favour!

    Thanks.

    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. My best from him is Dentro de Voce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cafe, You have excellent taste.
    Dentro de você (Paulo Sergio Valle - Laudir de Oliveira - Leon Ware - Marcos Valle)
    With composers like this can we really go wrong?
    Thanks for tuning into Volume 17 of the Samba Showdowns. I snuck that one in & I'm glad someone noticed that fine track.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's burning again! Mr Thyme is once again on fya! (not that he ever fell off)

    All praises due.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant album. It has this nice underlying beat, so that you automatically start tapping your feet .

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank Gorgon Jr. & Jur, I'm so happy to have a few focused listeners who can go deeply with me. It keeps me focused, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really one of the best. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete