8/2/16

Dominguinhos - Oi, Lá Vou Eu! [1977 Philips] 320 kbps - 94 mb (Re-Up)



Gee, I don't think you can find any funkier Country style pop then this. Dominguinhos Forró gets the deluxe disco glam finish from the Philips studios. I think this record is a total sleeper & is again, one that aged really well. Not only is the composition & performance through the roof on this, but the production is out of this world. A very nice listen from start to finish with some very subtle surprises. For those that enjoy a little accordion pop, this stands out in that genre in a big way. Enjoy!

File Under: Forró

P.S. Greg assures us that Dominguinhos recorded these two sides for the Philips label & would never receive this level of studio polish again. These are real stand-outs in this artist's catalog. Thank you kindly for these shares Greg.
This has a WICKED FUNKY EDGE & TONS OF SOUL. Those with an ear for this era of music will detect with repeated listens a highly unique fusion attempted & delivered here. D-E-L-U-X-E.
Also this artist really helps to cross-over Forró to the mainstream of MPB. Bravo!

14 comments:

  1. That's the one i was waiting for, even if i don't dare to ask it in the previous post...Sincerely thanks!

    A cross-breeding's fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Captain, It's a real toss up here. The second set is the real sleeper & perhaps the better of the two, but both are honeys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus Captain, We just know that the French have a tender place in their hearts for the accordion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I already got 'em the first time you posted these gems. Really recommended by me. Greetings from hot Cologne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fell in love with your blog at first glance.
    Would you mind re-uping this gem?
    That would be so appreciated.
    Thank you very much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angelo, too busy with other things these days to continue maintaining this page any more. You can find this at Abracadabra LP's do Brasil 2 or Acervo Origins on my sidebar.

      Delete
  6. Sorry to bug you about this disc J Thyme, as I can see you already responded to the previous requester - but is there any way we could get a re-up of this disc? It's available elsewhere, but no one's posted it in the high quality it deserves! Thanks for everything.

    P.S. Are you based in New York? I ask because I've seen a few references to Greg Caz, who I don't know personally but have seen DJ here a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leaozinho, why do you want this disc so badly? Are you a DJ? Yes, I'm from NYC, but I live in Florida at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a DJ (though hope to maybe be someday) - just a great lover of Brazilian music, especially anything Northeastern (my grandmother was an immigrant from Recife and most of my family still lives there).

      Delete
  8. Hi J Thyme...kind. I'm from Brazil and i must say that i really liked your blog. It made me feel a little ashamed of myself, because in despite of living here, i don't have a deep knowledge of our musical culture like you. So, i want to thank you for this blog! Now, if it isn't ask too much, i'd really be grateful if you re-upload some of the firsts discs from "St. Julian Samba Showdown by Justin Thyme" - That's the best collection of Brazilian music that i've ever heard. Thank You and Congratulations! Arthur de Souza Luna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Arthur for the kind words! It would be my pleasure to reup any volumes which are missing. Please let me know volumes are missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thousand times "obrigado". I did not think that you would do this favor, it is a true gift to me and anyone's ears! I used to live in Recife/Pernambuco, now i live in a country town of Ceará. If you want anything from our local culture just tell me, i'd be glad to help. Now, i think are missing all volumes until the 27th, except the 8th and the 18th. Again, thank you!

      Delete