8/29/16

St. Julian Samba Showdown 8 by J Thyme '07 - 320 kbps - 173 mb (Reup)


Good Budd "J" on the decks today! Anyone care to party?
Step here & let's BOOGIE to a few.
24 more quick looks & listens with our funky, languid friends south of the equator & Yes, you can have a love affair with a country. This is the proof!! I wanna hear some WHOOPS & HOLLAS or else I'll have to try to rock you a bit harder. OK?


St. Julian Samba Showdown 8 by J Thyme '07

01. David - Célia (1971)
02. Europanema - Burnier & Cartier (1974)
03. Reflexos - Quinteto Villa-Lobos & Luizinho Eça (1972)
04. Iboru Iboya - Cravo E Canela (1977)
05. Neblina - Ed Lincoln (1971)
06. Não Nasci Pra Jogador - Betinho (1972)
07. Quem Vai Querer - Eliana Pittman (1977)
08. Partido Rico - João Nogueira (1974)
09. Deixa Pra La - Leci Brandão ( 1976)
10. Profissionalismo E Isso Ai - João Bosco (1980)
11. Estácio, Eu E Você - Luiz Melodia (1973)
12. Glorioso Santo Antonio - Antônio Carlos & Jocafi (1973)
13. Homenagem Ao Malandro - Emilio Santiago (1979)
14. Se Você Quiser Mas Sem Bronquear - Golden Boys (1970)
15. O Meu Violão - Trio Mocotó (1975)
16. Nao Adianta - Lenny Andrade (1973)
17. Estou Dez Anos Atrasado - Edgar E Os Tais (1970)
18. Filhos De Zambi - Trio Ternura (1974)
19. Seca Brava - Eduardo Araújo (1972)
20. Andei - Airto (1970)
21. Lá Se Foi A Imagem Do Bom Crio - Dóris Monteiro (1973)
22. Olha O Pedagio - Luis Vagner Lopes (1974)
23. Oui, Je Suis Heurese - Tuca (1974)
24. Dose Pra Leao - Osmar Milito (1973)

P.S. Here's the tally.
8 volumes = 192 songs = 9 & a half hours of music.
That's a nice party!
Also, My Samba Showdowns are my SPIRITUAL ESSENCE.
Harmony, Beauty & Joy endlessly extended to ALL. All are my family, not just a few people.
I live on Earth with EVERYBODY, not just a select few.
My Mixes are my heart's wish for JOY on this Earth extended to all who tune into my heart's FLIGHT.

11 comments:

  1. Cravo e Canela = the BIG BOMB from A to Z !

    thanks J!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr B, I agree, but if you start to really assess what my page is about, then it becomes very clear that this era is a "GOLDEN AGE". I'm after the masterworks.
    Play that Giovana a few more times & that Geraldo Filme. OK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much,Thyme!
    Your initiatives have succeeded,comp after comp..
    Great,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flageolette, I've put 10 years of study & collecting to do this series. Enjoy the ride. Your tour guide will not let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. could you please repost some of these wonderful compilations, please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bernard. Just tell me which ones you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello--I'm pretty late to the party, but I've now completed the Herculean job of downloading (except for a few that would not work) all the samba showdowns and then "sifting." I would put the hit/keep ratio at about 3 per 100, but for the "keepers," oh my god. Incredible, wonderful music that I would never have discovered but for your work and generosity. Thank you so much for doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, How are you doing? You have made great compilations (the samba showdownas) I'm enjoying the ones that are still available very much! Obrigado! If you could re-up some of the early ones that wuld be great! Not only for the listeners but also for the artists. Lot of these songs and artists are not heard anymore and recordlabels are not selling their albums anymore. Your compilations keep these songs and memories alive! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many, many thanks, J. Thyme! Your hard work is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This volume is a goodie! Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete